- County Programs/Plans
- Sullivan House
Sullivan House's vision and goal is to help fill a critical gap for people in substance use recovery by providing safe, clean, and affordable housing where residents can continue working on their sobriety and in new jobs in a structured, supportive environment.
We are currently open and accepting applications!
For our current application for acceptance into the facility, please fill out the Sullivan House Application. For more information, please see our Selection Plan or contact the Sullivan House.
History of the Sullivan House
On April 26th, 2021, the Sullivan County Delegation approved a general obligation bond, providing the office 'go ahead' for the 19 Sullivan House transitional housing facility in Claremont. With this approval, further steps were taken to apply for funding to bring the project vision & goals to fruition, and the following generous funding streams were approved:
- a $1.2 million loan from NH Housing Finance Authority
- a $1.1 million bond through NH Municipal Bond Bank
- $744,741 from County assignments
- $500,000 from the NH Community Development Finance Authority, Community Development Block Grant program
- $50,000 from the USDA Rural Development Grant, Community Facilities Grant Program
- $50,000 from Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, on behalf of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic
The project proposal design was developed through many discussions and meetings with administration, staff, graduates through the TRAILS program, community/abutter outreach informational/feedback sessions, and meetings with the City of Claremont.
The links to the right of the page contain more information about the project.
Shawn CoughlanLieutenantPhone: 603-542-8717, ext. 426
Chad PerronCase ManagerPhone: 603-542-8717, ext. 430
- Sullivan House Application Revised April 6 2023
- Sullivan House Selection Plan
- Sullivan House-Participant Handbook Rev 3 3 2023
- Sullivan House-Housing Contract revised 3 26 2023
- 19 Sullivan Street Building Claremont NH Sullivan County Combined Notice of Finding - Final 12-30-2019
- Sullivan House Fact Sheet.pdf
- Sober Living FAQs